I have a confession. I’ve always wanted to sing with a big band. I’m no Ella [gross understatement], but how fun would that be? Strutting around in a fancy dress, dancing with a kick ass horn section, and singing with wild abandon.
“I’d like to coo with my baby tonight…”
“It’s tooooooooo, da-aaaaaaaarn, ho-ttttttttt”
Enjoy this tune – it ALWAYS makes me happy!
If you liked this, you might like:
I'll be staying healthy at the Bellagio.
As many of you know, I’m not into “do not’s”. They just don’t work for me – I am SUCH a rebel. My whole wannabe health and wellness philosophy is about the Power of More – more vegetables, more movement, more water. I’m on a really good streak right now – recovering from my hurt back, getting up to speed at the gym, and even sharpening my knife in the kitchen. So I want to continue this positive momentum – even in Sin City – while enjoying a lovely vacation.
So here’s what I WILL DO on my vacation:
- I will eat dessert – after I eat my vegetables.
- I will move – walk, gym, swim – I think this will be fairly easy actually.
- I will enjoy a warm piece of sourdough bread – with butter – along with my salad.
- I will use the stairs at least once to get to my room (God help me if I’m on the 20th floor).
- I will drink water (yes – I even have my water bottle packed – can you believe it?).
- I will rest my body and mind with naps, reading, and massage.
- I will wear sunscreen and a hat.
- I will do yoga with my BF+ without giggling (maybe…).
- I will eat regularly so that I’m never starved (got my bars packed).
- I will smile and laugh often.
I’ll be disconnecting – yep – not taking the computer. But don’t be surprised if I tweet a pic or two.
But in the meantime, here’s some toe-tapping tunes to set the mood…. Enjoy!
Photo Courtesy of D Sharon Pruitt of Pink Sherbert Photography
We spend a lot of time working – so why shouldn’t we create happiness in our workplace? Work does not have to be another four-letter word — we have a lot of control over our physical & mental space. Rather than waiting for “it” to happen, we can create the space where we smile and produce amidst the chaos and deadlines.
These pieces have several common threads that resonate with me: Saying No, Working in Intervals, Getting Your Heart Rate Up, Connecting with Your Tribe, Decluttering, Laughing, Reconciling Our Time and Values….
Life is short – join me in creating some more happiness in the workplace! Continue reading