As you know, Sonjia has introduced me to new exercises & workouts that challenge me in various ways. She was recently certified in CrossFit, which is a really fun approach and is built on balancing 10 areas of overall fitness.
- Cardiorespriratory Endurance
Some of the workouts are a bit more intense than I am ready for, so I am fond of being able to modify. I modified the pull ups, others may want to modify the pushups. But this is a great one to benchmark your own abilities.
Cindy CrossFit Workout
- 5 Pull Ups (I used the band for help because I can only do 3 – 5 on my own)
- 10 Push Ups
- 15 Body Weight Squats
Repeat for 20 minutes and count how many sets you do.
One of the great things about this is we can repeat periodically to see how we improve. I feel like I’m getting stronger, but actually tracking this on a piece of paper proves it.
- August 27 – 13 rounds
- October 4 – 18 rounds
Can I hear a Woo Hoo?!?!?!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- My Lucky Day – 300’s Just for Me
- Try a Workout Swap – Be Accountable, Boost Motivation
- “I Cant’ Steer!” >> Learning to Ride a Bike (includes embarrassing video)