We had a lovely time in Vegas, and yes, health and wellness is possible in Sin City! We stayed at the Bellagio and had a fountain view room (highly recommend) and could watch the fountain show from the comfort of the cushy chairs while listening to the music on the TV. (My favorite was ONE from Chorus Line – my goodness – 30 years later and I still know all the words!) We spent an afternoon at the spa and that was GLORIOUS! Seriously, this place was magazine-picture-perfect gorgeous, with floor to ceiling glass tile, hundreds of single flower arrangements, beautiful water features, cozy robes, and eucalyptus steam rooms. There was even a co-ed serenity room so the BF+ and I could do some stretching (quiet giggling allowed). Continue reading
As many of you know, I’m not into “do not’s”. They just don’t work for me – I am SUCH a rebel. My whole wannabe health and wellness philosophy is about the Power of More – more vegetables, more movement, more water. I’m on a really good streak right now – recovering from my hurt back, getting up to speed at the gym, and even sharpening my knife in the kitchen. So I want to continue this positive momentum – even in Sin City – while enjoying a lovely vacation.
So here’s what I WILL DO on my vacation:
- I will eat dessert – after I eat my vegetables.
- I will move – walk, gym, swim – I think this will be fairly easy actually.
- I will enjoy a warm piece of sourdough bread – with butter – along with my salad.
- I will use the stairs at least once to get to my room (God help me if I’m on the 20th floor).
- I will drink water (yes – I even have my water bottle packed – can you believe it?).
- I will rest my body and mind with naps, reading, and massage.
- I will wear sunscreen and a hat.
- I will do yoga with my BF+ without giggling (maybe…).
- I will eat regularly so that I’m never starved (got my bars packed).
- I will smile and laugh often.
I’ll be disconnecting – yep – not taking the computer. But don’t be surprised if I tweet a pic or two.
But in the meantime, here’s some toe-tapping tunes to set the mood…. Enjoy!