I’ve got a thing for fruit and nuts with protein in a main dish – I just think it’s super tasty. This healthy chicken salad is one of my favorite combos on the planet. I buy the nuts chopped and chicken cooked (sometimes even cut up already). Although a knife is required for the onions and fruit, it requires minimal technique. Don’t be too lazy chopping the onion though – having the pieces be too big can kinda ruin this one. (Trust me on that one….) Enjoy this healthy chicken salad on some spinach. Use it in a wrap. Or eat it straight out of the bowl (my personal favorite). I typically eat the whole batch in a day cuz it is good-good-good!
And since I don’t really cook, but merely assemble ingredients that I like, I can’t tell you the quantities.
Prep, eat, and clean time: 15 minutes <<angels singing>>
Assemble the following:
- Cooked chicken (cut up, cubed, or whatever)
- Greek yogurt (a couple of dollops – god I love that word – enough to lightly coat) – Chobani is my fav
- Diced apples or halved grapes (I have no idea how much)
- Chopped pecans (or whatever nuts are handy)
- Red onions (not too much – maybe a couple of slices, cut up in small pieces?)
- Fresh tarragon (not too much, or some other seasoning from a jar)
I mix the onions, tarragon and yogurt together in a separate bowl to make sure they’re mixed well before adding to the chicken, apples, and nuts. But that’s just me.
If you’re really good, you’ll be eating by the end of this song.
If you liked this, you might also like:
- Bacon Wrapped Rumaki
- My First Stuffed Squash – Happy Dance
- From Panic to Pride – My Slow Shift in the Kitchen
If you want to check out a real cook with amazing photos and tons of healthy food, check out Spabettie. I just adore Kristina – and not just because we have the same name 😉