As many of you know, I’m not into “do not’s”. They just don’t work for me – I am SUCH a rebel. My whole wannabe health and wellness philosophy is about the Power of More – more vegetables, more movement, more water. I’m on a really good streak right now – recovering from my hurt back, getting up to speed at the gym, and even sharpening my knife in the kitchen. So I want to continue this positive momentum – even in Sin City – while enjoying a lovely vacation.
So here’s what I WILL DO on my vacation:
- I will eat dessert – after I eat my vegetables.
- I will move – walk, gym, swim – I think this will be fairly easy actually.
- I will enjoy a warm piece of sourdough bread – with butter – along with my salad.
- I will use the stairs at least once to get to my room (God help me if I’m on the 20th floor).
- I will drink water (yes – I even have my water bottle packed – can you believe it?).
- I will rest my body and mind with naps, reading, and massage.
- I will wear sunscreen and a hat.
- I will do yoga with my BF+ without giggling (maybe…).
- I will eat regularly so that I’m never starved (got my bars packed).
- I will smile and laugh often.
I’ll be disconnecting – yep – not taking the computer. But don’t be surprised if I tweet a pic or two.
But in the meantime, here’s some toe-tapping tunes to set the mood…. Enjoy!