While there have certainly been difficult moments through this transition, there have been a lot of unexpected benefits of my new empty nest.
- There are no Honeynut Cheerios in the house.
- I get to roam around naked.
- My microwave has stayed clean for 3 months.
- The “Bank of Kris” (wallet, bank, credit card) is not in perpetual decline.
- There is no longer a strange smell emanating from the northwest corner of the house.
There are more, but they mostly revolve around messes and chores (less trash to take out, less random trash floating round the house and yard, less MESS). I recognize that it’s a bit shallow, but it has been SO lovely to easily keep a tidy, organized, beautiful home.
After all, there’s a bit of bittersweet in life. Why not focus on the sweet?