While many folks look forward to travel and cookies, I was looking forward to EXERCISE! This year I’ve learned that exercise is one of the most important ingredients for my sanity and well being. And between the rain, work, my cold, and stitches (I had a mole removed – all tests negative TYVM), I haven’t been working out hard, and I lost quite a bit of strength and cardio endurance (and sanity). Not that I don’t count my wogging excursions and dates with the elliptical (they TOTALLY count), but there is great value in dripping-sweat-kick-ass-workouts.
So, just for today, I will press, twist, squat, and jump. I’m happy to say that despite wanting to quit at minutes 5, 10 & 15, I persevered for 40 minutes. I’m hoping that by building my strength after a few more workouts that I’ll be past quitter mode. (But I’ve always been a mental sissy re: exercise, so I’m not counting on it).
I took it easy and listened to my body, rested more than I would have liked to, and stayed on the horse for all 3 sets. I didn’t have it in me to get dressed and head out to the gym, so I stayed home and worked out in my jammies 😉 This little routine only requires dumbbells and some music. (Blood Sweat & Tears – Lucretia Macevil – got me going today!)
Warm Up (5 Sets of 10)
- Sit ups
- Body weight squats
- Modified pushups
Workout (3 sets total)
- Squat + bicep curl + shoulder press (1 min)
- Body weight tricep dips (15 reps)
- Lateral lunges with weight (1 min)
- Bent over rows (in lunge position) (15 reps per side)
- Sit up with pull over + chest press (15 reps)
- Pushup to side plank (10 per side)
- 8 sets of 25 jumping jacks
My other vacation treats?
- Lovely new aprons courtesy of The Hip Hostess (pics to come)
- A yummy pot of chili
- New running shoes (I’m not a runner, but I still deserve them)
- Some bold kitchen experiments requiring recipes (and pretty aprons)
- Off line time
- Time with my nephews and son
What’s your holiday or vacation treat?
- My Lucky Day – 300’s Designed Just for Me
- 5 Sneaky Productivity Lies
- Out of My Comfort Zone with a Workout Swap
My Evolving Blogroll (Little by little, I’ll have one!):