We spend a lot of time working – so why shouldn’t we create happiness in our workplace? Work does not have to be another four-letter word — we have a lot of control over our physical & mental space. Rather than waiting for “it” to happen, we can create the space where we smile and produce amidst the chaos and deadlines.
These pieces have several common threads that resonate with me: Saying No, Working in Intervals, Getting Your Heart Rate Up, Connecting with Your Tribe, Decluttering, Laughing, Reconciling Our Time and Values….
Life is short – join me in creating some more happiness in the workplace!
- 8 Tips for Making Yourself Happier in the Next Hour (Shine) This includes some of my favorites including music and decluttering. And yes, in terms of getting up and moving around, I have been known to do pushups during conference calls 😉
- 6 Ways to Refuel Your Energy Every Day (Harvard Business Review) Great article that discusses the 90 minute work intervals. It also encourages downloading stuff from your brain. I’m a big fan of the dump-to-post-it-method 😉
- Productivity, It’s All in Your Head (Feelgooder) The theme of this? Do Less! And the amazing nugget? “Discern the value of your tasks. If it’s of little to no value, why are you doing it?” I’m definitely going to be mindful about this filter next week.
- How Trivial Decisions Will Impact Your Happiness (Harvard Business Review) This article discusses how all the little decisions all add up and make a big difference in our overall quality of life.
- Do You Have Stickers On Your Back? (Working Tech Mom) Don’t worry, no more handy to-do-list-tips here. Just lovely visuals of crazy people with stickers on their back so we can remember to stay clear of them. I have a few likely recipients, but I wonder how many stickers I might have on my back at the end of the day….
Did any of these resonate with you? In the spirit of more, I will bring more music, more quiet, and more mental downloads into my space. How about you?
PS: You may wonder why I posted this on a Friday. Well, I wanted
people me to ponder a bit before Monday comes 😉
- Saying No to Noise & Needless Interruptions
- 5 Sneaky Productivity Lies
- How the Power of “More” Changed My Habits
Colorful, Helpful & Always Smart (By adding a few of my favorites per post, I’m hoping to get my blogroll in shape soon.)
- Borderless Thinking (Cherry)
- Dumb Little Man – Tips for Life (Various Contributors)
- Redhead Writing (Erika)