It’s been a whorl wind day for this non-blogger for sure – I’m such a newbie, I didn’t even know what being Freshly Pressed meant! I want to express my sincere gratitude to the WordPress folks for their kind and generous nod that significantly helped introduce me to many new friends.
Everyone’s comments were all so thoughtful; and I am reminded that I am not alone. And knowing that we are not alone is really the most powerful part of community. (View Freshly Pressed Post – 5 Sneaky Productivity Lies)
I’m doing my best to reply to all the comments and visit your sites, and I hope you’ll be patient because it will probably take a little while 😉
Since many of us haven’t been formally introduced, I thought I would tell you 10 things about me that you probably don’t know.
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I never played sports – it never occurred to me.
- When I was in labor, I insisted that my then-hubby call my boss to tell him where I had put the reports that day.
- I played the lead role of Sally Bowles in a local production of Cabaret.
- I started college at 16 & traveled solo in Europe at 17.
- Many years ago I got certified to teach Spin, but I never taught a class because I was too chicken to ask.
- My marriage counselor gave me a refund.
- I want to go to Argentina for an extended period to study Spanish & tango – and I’d be perfectly content going alone.
- When I was a kid, we drank milk that we made from powder and a hot dog/catsup/english muffin pizza was a big splurge.
- I tried to summit Mt. Whitney but got sick at 11,000 feet, and I was pretty sad about that for a while.
- Even though I’ve been doing my work for 13 years, there are days that I still have to “act as if”.
Care to share anything about yourself?
My Friend’s Blogs & Other Cool Sites (Yes, The Beginning of My Blog Roll – Which I’m terribly behind on!)
- Workout Nirvana (Suzanne)
- Spabettie (Kristina)
- Waisting Time (Karen)
- Freaking Fitness (Joyce)
- Feelgooder (Various Writers)
Posts You Might Enjoy:
- From Panic to Pride – My Slow Shift in the Kitchen
- Embarrassing Video of My Learning How to Ride a Bike