I know thousands of farmers. I’ve worked with farmers for 15 years. I love my farmers. But I know that it’s easy to forget that it takes people to grow food because we buy most of our food from grocers and we don’t have a FACE to go with the food. So today is a day to celebrate and thank the farmers who grow the food we enjoy everyday.
- I’m thankful for cheese & nuts – because they make me feel like a gourmet.
- I’m thankful that I have the choice to buy my food at the farmer’s market, supermarket, neighborhood market, and online market.
- I’m thankful for all the fresh fruits and vegetables in my kitchen and that my body craves them.
- I’m thankful for olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil, because they’re good with everything.
- I’m thankful that I don’t wake up or go to sleep hungry.
Do you know a farmer? Have you thanked a farmer lately? Please consider sharing your #foodthanks in the comments below, via twitter, and on Facebook.
Related Sites & Posts:
- Hundreds Coming Together to Offer #FoodThanks
- From Panic to Pride – My Slow Shift in the Kitchen
- “Can I Order a Pizza and Put it on Your Tab?” asked my teenage son