It was strange, because I had learned about “300’s” through Darryl at The Fitness Explorer. They are basically workouts that somehow get to 300 reps (sigh…). Coincidentally, I walked into the studio and Sonjia was planning on doing a 300 workout today. My chest and back are fairly tired from Cindy, so we quickly devised a lower-body heavy workout.
This was hard for me, in terms of intensity and endurance (those leg exercises always ramp things up for me). This challenging but doable 300 circuit took me 30 minutes to complete.
Workout – Kris’ 300’s *wink*
Do 5 sets of 10 reps each (for lunges, that’s 10 per side) – that works out to 50 reps per exercise and 300 total reps for the workout.
- Squats holding the kettle bell “goblet” style (25 lb kettle bell)
- Sit ups with pull over and chest press (10 lb plate)
- Curtsey lunges with shoulder press (8 lb medicine ball) (View Demo)
- Back extensions on swiss ball
- Kettle bell swings (20 lb kettle bell)
- Lunges with chop (8 lb medicine ball)
We also threw in some tabata jump rope (I’m not very good, so I don’t sprint well LOL), bird dog with oblique crunch & 5 lb weight, oblique crunches on the ball, and shoulder roll outs on the ball.
Give the 300’s a try and let me know what you think!